The ITP blog site was set up in 2008 – following requests from our ITP fellows – to act as a forum for continued interaction between the participants, and staff from the British Museum and other participating museums. The aim was that our network would use this as a forum for sharing news of their projects, ideas and other information.
As you know I have been sharing photographs and thoughts from previous ITP summer programme’s and events and these have provided extremely popular.
I would like to do a ‘call out’ to our fellows and UK and programme partners for your contributions to the blog site. While I love sharing news from the British Museum and the International Training Programme team, it would be lovely to hear from you, especially during this time when sharing news and experiences feels even more important and valuable.
What could you share???
We would love to hear from you on any of the following:-
- What is your current situation and how have you have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic both professionally and personally?
- What are you and your institution doing during post-COVID-19? Are you back at work? What is your ‘new’ normal? How has re-opening been for you? How have things changed? Do you have any ‘tips and hints’ for colleagues across the sector?
- Do you have a new project or programme that you would like to share with the network?
- Have you been working on a personal project that you would like to tell us about? A publication, an exhibition, freelance or consultancy work?
- Has your role changed? Do you have a new job? Have you moved to a new institution?
- Have you visited a museum, gallery, archaeological site or historic house that inspired you? Share it with us!! It would be lovely to know more about culture and heritage in your countries and regions – particularly when travel is currently so difficult.
If you would like to submit an article for the blog it should be around 400 – 600 words and include some images.
And anything we post will also be shared on Facebook and Twitter to ensure maximum covering throughout the network.
Looking forward to hearing from you!!