We are very happy to share our ITP Newsletter 2021 and the theme of the 8th ITP Newsletter is COVID-19.
You can download the newsletter here: ITP Newsletter 8
We would like to thank everyone who contributed to this project, including the group below who have taken on the roles of this year’s guest editors, creating the themes and helping shape content:
• Khadijeh Zohreh Baseri, Specialist, Ministry of Cultural Heritage (Iran, ITP Fellow 2007)
• Ishaq Mohammad Bello, Assistant Chief Technical Officer: Education, National Museum Kaduna (Nigeria, ITP Fellow 2012)
• Shambwaditya Ghosh, PhD Scholar, University of Delhi (India, ITP Fellow 2012 & Senior Fellow 2015)
• Solomy Nansubuga Nabukalu, Conservator, Kabale Museum (Uganda, ITP Fellow 2018)
• Shreen Mohamed Amin Taher, Director of the Children’s Museum, Egyptian Museum, Cairo (Egypt, ITP Fellow 2016)
• Siddhant Shah, Museum Access Consultant and Founder, Access For ALL (India)
The ITP Newsletter 2021 considers the following COVID-related questions:
– How has the pandemic affected physical and mental health and how have museums been able to support both staff and visitors?
– How has the virus affected museums relationships with their local communities?
– How can the arts and culture sector remain accessible and inclusive during this time?
– What measures have museums taken around the world to rise to the challenge of COVID and protect their staff and visitors whilst continuing to deliver their projects and programmes?
– What has been the online response to the pandemic – how have museums used digital tools to support and engage both staff and visitors?
Our fellows have also shared stories about their own COVID collecting projects and objects around the world that tell a ‘pandemic story.’ The newsletter helps to demonstrate the fantastic range of work and creativity occurring across the museum and heritage sector and we really hope that you enjoy reading it. Thank you again to everyone who sent articles and updates for us to share with the wider ITP network.